HOME ＞ History
Ozaki branch of Hongwanji(Hongwan temple)
The Zenitaka family, from the village of Ozaki in the Senshu area (currently Ozaki-cho, Hannan City, Osaka Prefecture), descended from master architects dating back more than three hundred years ago to the early Edo era (17th Century). In 1705, Zenitaka Rin-emon founded his construction business to coincide with the completion of the Ozaki branch of Hongwanji (Hongwan Temple) on which he worked as the master architect.
Zenitaka Zenzo, the company’s founder, devoted himself to the study of western architectural technology. In 1887, he relocated the headquarters from Ozaki Village to the City of Osaka and reorganized it as “Zenitaka-gumi” the predecessor of the present company.
Seto Ohashi Bridge,1988
Canal City Hakata,1996
The National Museum of Art,Osaka,2004
Warumi Ohashi Bridge,2010
- Founded in Osaka, Japan.
- Opened Tokyo Office.
- Formed as a limited partnership.
- Contracted and completed construction of Azuma Bridge (Tokyo) using Pneumatic Caisson Method first in its application in Japan.
- Incorporated, adopting its present name “The Zenitaka Corporation”.
- Hisakichi Zenitaka assumed President.
- Hisakichi Zenitaka assumed Chairman and Teruyuki Zenitaka did President.
- Listed on the Second Market of Osaka Securities Exchange.
- Put Shield Work Method to practical use.
- Listed on the first Market of Osaka Securities Exchange.
- Established “The Zenitaka Corporation (U.S.A.)” in U.S.A.
Established “Zenitaka Corporation Comercio
E Representacoes Ltda” in Brasil.
- Teruyuki Zenitaka assumed Chairman and Kazuyoshi Zenitaka did President.
- Established an affiliate company “Correa Zenitaka Inc.” in the Philippines.
- Celebrated 100th anniversary of its founding of the company.
- Established Jakarta Representative Office in Indonesia.
- Opened a web site in Internet.
- Established Philippine Representative Office.
Obtained ISO9001 Certificate.
- Established Africa Representative Office(Kenya).
- Established Manila Branch.
Obtained ISO14001 Certificate.
- Established Hanoi Representative Office in Vietnam.
Obtained 4th Infrastructure Technology Development Award by “Soft Coring”.
- Obtained the Certification of Construction Technology for “Soft Coring C+” by Public Works Research Center.
- Celebrated 300th anniversary of the establishment of business.
- Obtained the Certification of Construction Technology for “FAST (Free Access Shield Tunnel) Method” by Japan Institute of Construction Engineering.
- Celebrated 120 th anniversary of its founding of the company.
Put “Temporary Cofferdam supported by Truss Structure (TRID)” to practical use.
- Developed “Fc150N/mm2 Class High-Strength Concrete” and obtained the authorization by Minister of Land,Infrastructure and Transportation.
- Put Virtual Private Network to practical use at all project sites.
- Established Ho Chi Minh City Representative Office in Vietnam.
- Put「Direct start and Arrival Method using FRP SHHET Pile」to practical use.